Friday, June 29, 2007

Croatian Ivan Klasnic has finally put pen to paper on a one year contract with Bremen.

The striker, who underwent two kidney transplants earlier in the year, can’t wait to return to first team action. “I feel good and it’s getting better everyday. When I am fully fit I will bring Werder back to the top” he said confidently.

The 27 year old joked, “People are saying Bremen haven’t signed any big stars. Well here is one.”

However he is realistic enough not to expect too much too soon. “Normally people would return to work after 3 months, but with me it’s slightly different. I am a top class athlete.

“It doesn’t matter if I’m back for the fifth game of the season or whether I have to wait for the second half of the season. The main thing is that I return.”

He has been warned by his doctor however of the dangers involved, but Klasnic will be boosted by the fact that other top sportsmen such as Jonah Lomu and Alonzo Mourning have returned to peak performance after organ transplants.

No comments: